- This event has passed.
Lessons Learned from the Peer Benchmarking Study on Nonprofit Investing for Associations (SONI)
February 25, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
How do today’s nonprofits invest their reserves? And how do your own investments, policies, and returns compare?
You’ll find the benchmarking data to answer those questions from the Study on Nonprofit Investing for Associations (SONI).
Now, let the Raffa Wealth Management creators of the SONI show you how to use this data to inform your decisions on your own nonprofit’s investment strategy and policies.
Register now for Lessons Learned from the Peer Benchmarking Study on Nonprofit Investing for Associations (SONI).
Launched in 2012, the annual Study on Nonprofit Investing (SONI) provides timely, relevant, actionable data about how associations and other nonprofits invest their reserves and how those investments perform. SONI helps nonprofit organizations verify that their investment policies are “normal” and that their investment fees/performance returns are in line with other, similar organizations. Thousands of organizations have participated in SONI.
In this session we’ll review the key peer findings from preview years SONI reports including target reserves, segmentation of cash assets, long term portfolio allocations and performance. We’ll also review what’s new for SONI 2021. Participating in this year’s survey will give you valuable insights into what was “normal” in a year that was anything but. The survey focuses on just a few questions nonprofits and associations need to address to verify their investments are performing as expected and allocated in-line with peers:
- How much do organizations keep in Reserve?
- How much do organization’s invest in immediate, short term, and longer term objectives?
- How much do organizations invest long term reserves in equity vs. fixed income?
- Is our organization keeping pace with the returns other organizations are earning?
- How do organizations reflect their values in their investments (ESG, conflicts, etc.) and what is the performance impact?
- What, if anything, did other organizations do with their reserves because of COVID-19 this year?
Participate or Learn More:
- Click here to launch the 2021 SONI Survey
- Visit https://raffaadvisers.com/soni/ for prior year SONI results, insights, and investment policy resources.
Association leaders will learn best practices from their peers. In doing so, you will be empowered to make better informed decisions about your nonprofit or association’s investment reserves.